Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi महामृत्युंजय मंत्र Benefits and Chanting Rules
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi महामृत्युंजय मंत्र is said the mantra of Lord Shiva who is said to the Devta (DemiGod) of Victory who can win over the Death and the DemiGod of death (Yamaraja). Every Hindu and Non-Hindu know Lord Shiva as the most powerful deity in Hindu Shastra.
He is said to be Devo Ke Dev “Mahadev” which means, one who is the King and most Influential and respected God among DemiGod.
Importance And Benefits Of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
Lord Shiva is known and depicted with lots of qualities such as Caring by nature, Dayaalu (One who bless his/her devotees and show sympathy), Kalyankari (one who always does good deeds and work for the welfare of the society). Among all those names and qualities
Lord Shiva is also known for his blessing and healing any types of ailments- no matter whether the ailment is an acute or chronic or incurable disease.
Therefore Lord Shiva/Bhagwan Shiv is better known as Mrityunjay Devta महामृत्युंजय देवता and said the Best Healer and Adi Yogi in this Cosmos.
He is the only devta who not only cures the destructive ailments but also blesses his devotees, a long, healthy life.(Dirghayu).
Therefore, whether the person has a long life standing lifestyle ailments, Apamrityu Yoga (death which is caused by accident or natural calamities) or even one has Dosha such as Sarkesh Dosha in Janam Kundali (in astro birth chart).
Bhagwan Mrityunjay Mantra is said to be the only form of remedy in the whole cosmos.
Since there are multiple and we can say Lakh of Mantras and healing modalities in Hindus, Muslims and Christian, and other religions but Maha Mrityunjay Mantra in Hindi is said to be Mukutmani ( Crown of healing mantra).
In Hindu Mantra Shastra and Rigveda also, for cure diseases and long healthy life. Maha Mrityunjay Mantra in Hindi Vidhan is mentioned. It is categorized into 4 parts:
- Laghu or Trayakshjar Mantra ( Tantrik mantra )
- Vedic Mantra ( Samanya Mantra for the common man )
- Beej Pallav Mantra along with Vedic Mantra which is said to be as Mahamrityunjay Mantra in Hindi.
- Tantrok Siddha Mantra
We won’t go into the details of every category but I will mention Laghu Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi Vidhan which is simple and applicable for every single person on this earth.
What is the proper way to chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
Laghu Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi Vidhan: लघु मृत्युंजय मंत्र विधान
Look for auspicious time zone for starting this sadhana. ( Ideally, Sarvath Siddhi Yoga, Amrut Yoga and Guru, and Ravi Pushya Nakastra are said to be the best time for this sadhana.)
- Those who are unable to understand time can contact a local priest and can find out the Muhurta for this sadhana.
- Even if you do not know anything, one can start from any Monday of any month.
- Take bath at night, wear Dhoti (for men) / White Sari(for women )
- Sit on a white asana facing toward north or east direction.
- Keep Bajot (wooden plank) in front of you, cover it with a white cloth/asana.
- Place Lord Shiva’s picture frame or Shiva Linga, Ganesh picture/ Idol.
- Now, offer saffron or kumkum paste, rice, flower, ghee lamp and Naivedya (prasad) to Lord Ganesh and Shiva.
- Take water in the right palm and read the Viniyoga Mantra given below.
- Viniyoga Mantra विनियोग मंत्र : Chant this mantra with water in right palm.
Vedonth Pooja of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
अस्य श्री त्रयक्षर महामृत्युंजय मन्त्रशय कहोल ऋषि: देवी गायत्री छंद महामृत्युंजयो देवता , ॐ बीजम रा शक्ति : महामृत्युंजय प्रीयते जपे विनियोग :॥Nyasa न्यास for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra:
Recite this Nyasa Mantra for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
कहोल ऋषिये नमः ( शिरशि ), देवी गायत्री छंद से नमः ( मुखे), मृत्युंजय देवताये नमः ( हृदये), ॐ बीजाय नमः ( नाभो), ॐ रा: शक्तये नमः ( पादो )।
Shadang Nyasa for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
षडंग न्यास: हाथ को निम्न अंगो पर स्पर्श करे । Touch with your right hand on mention body parts.
ॐ साम – अंगुष्ठ काभयाम नमः – हृदयाय नमः ।
ॐ सीम – तर्जनिभयाम नमः – शिरसे स्वाहा ।
ॐ सुम – मध्याभयाम नमः – शिखाये वोषट।
ॐ सेम – अनामिकाभ्यां नमः – कवचाय हम।
ॐ सौंम – कनिष्ठाकाभ्याम नमः नेत्रत्राय वोषट।
ॐ स: करतल कर पृष्ठभ्यां नमः अस्त्राय फट ।
ॐ साम सीम सुम सेम सौंम स: ईति दिग बंधन। ( चावल १० दिशा में फेके )
Om Saam – Angusth Thasbhyam Namaha – Hdray Namaha
Om Sheem – Tarjinbhyam Namaha – Shirshe Swaha
Om Sam – Madhyabhyam Namaha – Shikhaye Voushath
Om Sem – Anamikabhyam Namaha – Kawachay Hum
Om Soum Kanisthabhyam Namaha – Netrayaay Voushath
Om Saha Kartar Kar Pusthabhyam Namaha – Astraay Phat
Om Saam Sheem Sam Sem Soum Saha Iti Digh Bandhan ( Throw few Rice in directions )
- Dhyan Mantra for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi :
ध्यान मंत्र उच्चारण करे – Recite this dhyan mantra
चन्द्राकाग्नि विलोचनम स्मिथ मुखम पद्मा दव्याति स्थितम , मुद्रा पाश मुगाष सूत्र विलसत पाणी हिमांशु प्रभम।
कोटिंन्दू प्रगल सुधा प्लुततनू हारादि भूषो ज्वलम, कान्त्या विश्व विमोहनम पशुपति मृत्युंजयम भावये ॥
Chandra Agni Vilochanam Smith Mukham Dvyathi Sthitham, Mudra Pash Mugash Sutra Vilasth Pani Himashu Prabham I
Kotidyu Pragal Sudha Pluth Tanu Haradi Bhuso Jwalam, Kantyaa Vishwa Vimohanam Pashupati Mrityu jayam Bhavye II
जिनकी ३ आँखें है ,जो विश्व को मोहित करने वाले दिव्य कांतियुक्त शरीर है । मस्तक पर चन्द्रमा से अमृत की वर्षा हो रही है । समस्त शरीर अमृत वर्षा से गिला है । हाथो में पाश , रुद्राक्ष माला तथा कमल पुष्प धारण किये है , प्रशन्न मुख मुद्रा है , जिनके गले में सुवर्ण की हार आदि दिव्य आभूषण धारण किये है । ऐसे मृत्युंजय शिव को मेरा प्रणाम ।
He who has three eyes, who has a charming personality with a divine body and those wearing Moon on his forehead, through the nectar is flowing on his whole body, who is carrying Path (weapon),
Rudraksh mala ( beads of Rudraksh), Kamal Pushpa (Lotus Flower ), who is in wearing a smile on his face, who is wearing Golden Jewellery, I bow down and respect with folded hands to Lotus feet of Lord Mrityunjay Shiva.
- अब मानस पूजा करे ( अर्थात मन ही मन शिव पूजन करे ) Perform Shiv Pooja in your mind’s eye (creative visualization)
- Now Chant 3 Lacs Mantra Jaap in either 40 or 60 Days. After completion of 3 Lac Mantra Chanting, perform Havan by chanting laghu Mrityunjaya Mantra with Word Swaha and give Aahuti with ghee and black til in Havan.
- The Havan Mantra should be 10 % of 3 Lacs i.e 90 thousand Aahuti.
Laghu Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi लघु मृत्युंजय मंत्र :
Om Houm Zum Saha ” ॐ हौं जूं सः ”
How did you find this blog on Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi लघु मृत्युंजय मंत्र?
Do let me know.