Is tortoise lucky to keep at home?
Tortoise in Vastu : Many people like to keep turtle in their house. Should sea animals be kept inside the house from the Vastu-Shastra point of view?
Turtle is said to be a very auspicious animal according to the Hindu Shastras. Mythology says, a tortoise is said to be the manifestation of Lord Vishnu and symbolises wealth and material growth.
READ: Why Couple fight in Relationship?
Should we keep a tortoise inside our house?
Knowing that a turtle walks very slowly and moves steadily, people who keep the tortoise or Turtle at home (ideally workplace not home) they get good materialistic but slow and steady growth.
But the question is, can we keep a sea animal such as a live tortoise at home?
There are 2 aspects of the turtle :
1) Turtle is said to be a slow-moving animal living up to 200 years but capturing the animal and keeping it inside a cage comes under the preview of Karmic reaction.
Hence It is not advisable to keep the tortoise at home as the law of Karma says, every animal or living entity is free to live in this cosmos. Those who try to capture an animal or any other living entity are said to be destroying or breaking the law of Karma.
2) Even if we go by the logic and keep the turtle at home because it is a symbol of the creation of wealth, but the traditional Vastu Shastra says, keeping live tortoise at home creates negative vibrations in the house hence it is advisable not to keep alive turtle at home.
Now if we want to keep a turtle at home or office as per the advice of a Vastu consultant, then we should keep a tortoise made of metal, wood or crystal only.
A word of caution:
1. The tortoise should be placed, facing the main door of the house.
- Many people keep a metal tray and place the tortoise inside the tray and pour water on the tortoise. It’s logical to keep the tortoise in a tray as it again creates the negative vibrations and lots of disturbances in the Vastu of the house.
Therefore it is advisable to keep only the tortoise without water. But the traditional Vastu Shastra experts say turtle should be kept only at the workplace such as reception desk, main desk, temple/pooja-sthan inside a workplace.
Which is the best time to place tortoise at the workplace?
The placement of the turtle should be done on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday because Wednesday is said to be a day of planet Mercury, the deity to this planet is Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu is said to be the manifestation of turtle during the Samudra Manthan. Hence turtle is believed to be the creator of wealth and material growth.
The procedure of placement of the Turtle :
- Refer the Panchang for the auspicious time, before placing the Turtle.
- Wash the turtle idol with panchamrut, gangaajal.
- Offer saffron, yellow flower, show dhoop.
- Finally, Place it in the North direction.
Please note that in Vastu Shastra, the North direction is said to be ownership of Lord Kubera who is said to be ‘Treasurer’ in Vastu and Hindu Shastra.
If it is possible for the proprietor or business owner to chant the ‘Vishnu Sahasranamam’ in front of tortoise on every Wednesday early morning, this will bring positive vibes and attract new opportunities.
Place the Siddh (Energised) ‘Maha Vishnu yantra’ or ‘Ram Yantra’ in front of the turtle and recite Vishnu Sahasranamam either daily or on Saturday or Wednesday.
Let me know how you find this blog on Importance of Tortoise and its placement in Vastu ?
detailed well & a very simple language too?