What is Intuition Meaning?
Intuition is derived from the term ‘IN-Teri’ which means, to be in a position to see or look after whereas parapsychologists say, Intuition is a psychic ability which helps individuals to see as well as guide humans about unknown facts and mysteries.
Intuition is a person’s innate ability to know or understand something without being told. The so-called “gut feelings” are a common source of conflict in relationships, but can also turn out to be a powerful tool for good decision-making in life.
Intuition is a form of knowledge that arises in the unconscious mind. You don’t have to decide if you have it or not, you just know if something is right or wrong without any explanation.
The way we handle things everyday can be affected by our intuition especially when we do business and have to make important decisions.
Are Intuition , Gut Feelings and Sixth Sense are the same ?
Intuition is our sixth sense, an inner sense of knowing that comes to us beyond reason. Intuition gives us a feeling toward something without consciously thinking about it.
Intuition is defined as a natural awareness that arises from within and guides one’s decisions in response to the world around us.
Why do I need to follow Intuition?
Intuition as mentioned above is the psychic ability (or one can develop also through Yoga and Pranayama) to help the people to reveal unknown mysteries of the past and future. It majorly helps in 3 important aspects:
- To see the mystical activities.
- To guide the human in critical times.
- To save from danger.
What is the Role of Mind in Intuition?
As we all know, we humans have 2 minds, Conscious Mind and Subconscious Mind.
According to the studies, humans use only energy i.e 7-20 % just consist of conscious mind whereas our subconscious mind which is a vast storehouse retains the data and utilizes the power of the universe which accounts for 80-93 %.
What are the Types of Intuition?
The Psychologists and Scientists say, usually any human can develop this Intuition power through different means but before we move into this subject, let me tell you that intuition is divided into 4 major parts:
- Clair-Audience : It is the power or faculty of hearing (auditory form) something not present to the ear but regarded as having objective reality.
Eg. One will be able to hear the war-time noise if its happening in the present moment.
- Clair-Sentience : It is perception of what is not normally perceptible. It is ideally a feeling of comfort Eg. uneasiness, sweating.
- Clair-Voyance : Is the hypothetical ability to gain information about an object, person, location, or physical event through extrasensory perception. It is always seen in visual form.
Eg. Dream or flashes of light.
- Clair-Cognizare :The ability for a person to acquire psychic knowledge without knowing how or why they know it.
Here the ability is developed in the form of strong feeling but unable to express and explain in words/communication.
How to Develop your Intuition?
As already mentioned, every human has an inbuilt ability to understand the mystery of the world but one still needs to develop that ability known as ‘Intuition’.
To develop your intuitive power, you need to follow this basic step on a daily basis to understand and develop your psychic abilities.
- Sit on a chair or sofa (ideally one should sit on a yoga mat on asana) in a relaxing position.
- Keep your body posture straight.
- Now close your eyes and try to keep your mind stable.
- Take deep breath with both nostrils around 51 times.
- These breathing exercises should be done slowly and steadily (avoid faster inhalation – specially asthma patients should do such pranayama or breathing exercises).
- Now, relax and see what types of thoughts are flowing in your mind.
- Observe the thought, no need to repel or judge your thoughts.
- Let there be a free flow of thoughts.
- After sometimes, you may feel some experience of light flashes (in case of you are clairvoyance personality)
- Believe in your guts feelings, never doubt those movements/teasers.
- Once you start getting the hunches, test your intuition.
- For example, if I exercise daily, I may get an image of a friend wearing a specific color dress, you can confirm it by calling him/her and asking for details which you saw in your intuitive exercise.
- Perform this task on daily basis, ideally in Brahma Muhurta.
- Once you start to get clear signals, you can perform this exercise at any given time and even your intuition when some critical situation arises.
- For Best result, I prefer to perform this exercise on a daily basis, minimum for 90 days.
- To get the answer, you need to become a receiver hence, you need to let go of all negative emotions from your mind such as jealousy, hatred and anger.
- One may even seek the help of pendulum therapy, tarot card reading, numerology to get the answer that matches your intuition.
I pray, my article on ‘Developing your Intuition’ brings the desired light and peace in your life.
Love & Light,