Learn All About Social Media From Ami Savla Hemani
Digital Marketing and social media is the Oxygen of today’s business, we are now living with gadgets & technologies and now our all lives are revolving around them. With the advent of the internet and social media we humans have now got connectivity with the whole world and our transactions have started online, due to the viability and feasibility of internet services. Having said this though the social media it has made a foray to our lives,with cheaper handsets and modest internet plans we are yet to make avail of its full potential.
Here in this scenario Ami Savla Hemani steps in.– She is a Trainer in Social Media Marketing and has caught the pulse of the internet and aims to provide the social media marketing education to every corner of the world.
As rightly said by Swami Vivekananda: Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.
Today I would introduce to you my friend who is Trainer in Social Media Marketing – she is best known as Collaborate Queen in India.
Ms Ami Savla Hemani is the new age woman entrepreneur, Founder and Trainer of a Social Media Training Hub, Socialize store.
Ami has been featured in 26 newspapers and e-magazines as ab inspiring startup in their stories. Some of these include The Times of India, Mumbai Mirror, Midday, Chitralekha, Hindustan Times, DNA India, Tadpoles.in, Sheroes, Business Nonstop, Sniffer, MumbaiMag, Smart India Women, Naari Sakhi, Love Doodle, My City Woman and Storified.me.
In the year 2017, she was invited as a Panelist by Google Developer Group – Mumbai chapter. On account of International Women’s’ Day, in the year 2016, she was invited as a panelist by K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research for their panel discussion ”Women entrepreneurs and road ahead’
She is a Visiting Faculty at NMIMS for the subject of Social Media Marketing and has also delivered guest lectures at reputable institutes such as SNDT, SIES and K.J. Somaiya Institute.
Ami is a very competent trainer and has successfully trained 3500+ individuals. She has also catered to the Social Media Training needs of many companies, one of the recent one being The French Tourism, Mumbai.
Socialize Store had also organised digital marketing event on 25th November 2018 – Everything Digital – Networking Meet at Bombay Connect ,BKC-Mumbai
So lets start with the entrepreneurship journey of Ami :
1) How did you start your journey in entrepreneurship?
Having realised that women in our country have some fantastic business ideas but very little knowledge of how to promote their brand effectively, Ami Savla wanted to tap into this space. With the aim of providing these women entrepreneurs a wherewithal to promote their work on the digital platform, I launched Socialize Store in September 2015.
2) May I ask you about your family background ( Your Parents, Education ( formal and Technical Edu), Struggle in those times of learning).
My Parents were ready to fund for my studies but I wanted to study on my own so I took a loan for my MBA which I repaid after my job but of course, my parents and brother were very supportive.
My Fathers name is Bharat Savla ( Businessman )My Mothers name is Kokila Savla – Homemaker and Brother is also into CCTV Business having his office in Santacruz.
3) What were the initial challenges you have had to face when you started your journey in your business/ entrepreneurial venture?
Ami shares, “One of the challenges I faced was to break the myth that we women and technology don’t go hand in hand. But I have taken up this challenge to dispel this myth completely by helping women on how to use their smartphones effectively, how to use their computers and how to promote and brand them effectively on the digital platform.”
This she feels has helped women realize that the myth is only in their mind and that with dedication and patience they could also easily develop the art of going hand in hand with technology.
4) What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
I have been featured in 26 daily newspapers & magazines including TOI, Hindustan Times, DNA, Mumbai Mirror, Midday, DNA, Chitralekha etc and these all are free features.
Meet Riddhi Doshi Patel : Inspirational Momprenuer who is fabulosuly balancing between work & motherhood
5) How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
Not at all, both my families have been extremely supportive.
6) What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made?
Don’t do multiple tasks at one time, initially, I used to do many work and projects at once which I feel was my biggest mistakes hence always take one idea, make it a successful prototype and work on it. Like when I start teaching social media I chose women entrepreneur as niche area to work upon because I felt there are many people out there who teaches social media marketing so then how will I be different from those people hence I chose women as a market to start with.
7) What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Constant Learning attitude else u will be outdated
- Rise the ladder Taking people along with U
- Corroborative attitude and Connecting with the right type of people.
8) What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
Not at all, because both my families have been extremely supportive.
9) Describe/outline your routine on a typical day?
I always give priority to my family hence we always have at least one meal together.
We spend time together and in those times I put my gadget & technology aside, Also after 10:30 pm you won’t find me on Whatsapp.
The morning we do meditation and prayer, We don’t do breakfast prior to our 20 min prayers.
The whole day I am occupied in office ( Either at Santacruz or Andheri).
10) How do you generate new ideas?
I get Ideas randomly, but whenever I do get those ideas I put them immediately into action.
11) Do you believe there is some sort of a pattern or formula to become a successful entrepreneur?
Having initiative approach – Take the first step because many people have many ideas but are unable to convert those ideas into action hence, I feel taking action is extremely important.
Have learning attitude and ask for guidance whenever required – People hesitate to ask for help which is one of their biggest weakness as per my opinion.
Have some spiritual bend in your work as this help you to get better perspective of life and its happenings.
12) How do you define success?
For me success is when people around me, my family, my relatives, my friends are happy like recently I was featured at Magazine Chitralekha – my father mother, in-laws were so happy on me getting congratulatory calls from relatives and friends for my articles in Chitralekha. Seeing them happy makes me happier.
15) Who has been your greatest inspiration?
My Spiritual Mentor Rakesh Jhaveri – every month my husband and I spend 2 days at our spiritual retreat at Dharampur at Valsad, Gujarat, we attend satsangs, occupy ourselves in meditation and this gives us a good perspective of life. It keep us humbled and grounded.
16) What book has inspired you the most? (OR What is your favourite book?)
I like Rumi’s books.
17) How many hours do you work in a day on an average?
I work around 7 hours a day.
18) Do you feel formal education play vital role in business?
Yes, but to just give you that first entry but your skills and talent will actually take you to the top.
19) Does Master Degree in Management help in business OR you believe in real life experience as your Mentor?
I feel there has to be a balance in both formal education and experience. Education is a must but just formal education without real-time experience won’t be sufficient.
20) What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
I am my own boss, working for my passion, I don’t look forward to weekends because I can take whenever I need one (people with a job have to wait for a weekend). My life is full of new excitement and challenges every day.
21) How do you build a successful customer base?
I have collaborated with many local communities in town which helps me reach to the maximum number of people.
22) What motivates you?
When people who have learnt from me , give me feedback that Ami – I have take my business to the next level after learning from you, that when a 75-year-old year Uncle came to learn the basics of operating his mobile regarding how to operate it, telling me how happy he was after the session, when people reduce their dependency and start taking ownership of their digital needs, these are the things that motivate me.
23) Any moment you remember where you were broke and thought of shutting down the business but later you motivated yourself and bounced back from the situation?
Yes, while working on my concept of online barter, once I thought of shutting it down completely and resume working. I even started searching for jobs for a month but then I realized why not give it one more shot.
24) If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
I strongly feel for reading as a habit and hobby and my concept of books barter is still close to my heart. I might want to revive that soon again.
25) Where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years from now? 20 years?
I want to digitally empower individuals. Each and every person should have digital knowledge. I want to cover more cities and make people tech-savvy and would also want to take social media to the rural areas and the aim is to empower them by training them for online banking, how to operate mobiles, paytm etc.
26) In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
27) If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?
What are you learning next?
28) What are the three pieces of advice you would like to give to college students who want to become entrepreneurs?
- Invest loads of time in gaining knowledge
- Take the first step – avoid procrastination
- Take ownership of life.
You can contact Ami on :
Website : https://www.socializestore.com
Email : email@example.com
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/amisavlahemani/
Mobile : +91 98208 45577
Wish you all Happy Chaita Navratri 2018
Let me know how you find this blog?